Amref Health Africa's Coffeehouse Speakers Series on Global Development gets behind the headlines, and digs into important issues of the day.
Featuring dynamic speakers, each Coffeehouse is a hotbed of conversation and debate on global issues. And, it’s free!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or sign up for our monthly e-news to be notified about upcoming Coffeehouses.
Topics we've tackled in past Coffeehouses include:
- The Future of Development: Private-NGO Partnerships?
- Preventing the Preventable: Breaking Down Barriers to Vaccine Delivery in Africa (see photos on our Facebook page)
- Ebola: A Symptom of Vulnerable Health Systems? (check out the photos on our Facebook page)
- Raising the Bar: Improving Mental Health Care in Africa;
- Africa Through the Hollywood Lens;
- Knowledge for Change: From Research to Reality;
- Beyond Western Medicine: Traditional and Alternative Care in Africa and Canada;
- Game Changer: How IT is Transforming Africa;
- "Call Me Kuchu": LGBTI Rights in Uganda;
- Working with People with Disabilities in Development;
- Power of People: Can Canadians make a difference in the Fight Against Global Poverty?;
- Deconstructing the Drought; and, many more.
The Amref Health Africa Coffeehouse Speakers Series on global development is sponsored by: